Spring roll is one of Vietnamese traditional dishes. So, talking about these rolls, you certainly ever tried fried spring rolls and fresh ones with meat or vegetables only, at least once in your life. However, the fried fruit spring rolls with naturally sweet and sour taste of the fruits in crispy crust are a wonderful experience for the foodies. It will bring a new and attractive taste. This dish can be served as a starter. In addition to the taste, the rolls made from fruits are very healthy for our body with vitamin supplements. Especially, it is also suitable for those who are on diet. Let’s try how to make delicious fried fruit spring rolls that we share as below:
1. Ingredients for spring rolls (for 4 people):
- 1/2 apple
- 1/2 pear
- 1 kiwi or 1/4 pineapple
- 5 strawberries
- 20g mayonnaise
- 20ml condense milk
- 20 sheets of spring roll pastry (wrappers)
- 1 – 2 chicken eggs
- 50g bread crumbs
2. How to make fried fruit spring rolls
2.1. Preparation before frying:
a. Apple and pear:
– Wash and peel the apple and pear
– Slice them into thin and long strings
– Soak these strings into the filtered/boiled water with salt to avoid turning brown after a few minutes.
– After 10 minutes, take them out and squeeze them gently.
b. Kiwi and strawberry:
– Rinse kiwi and strawberry
– For kiwi: use a spoon to scoop out the flesh
– For strawberry: slice them into small pieces
c. Chicken egg:
– Beat the chicken egg into a small bowl and stir well
2.2. Steps to make fried fruit spring rolls:
- Put all apple, pear, kiwi and strawberry into a big bowl
- Add 2 spoons of mayonnaise and 3 spoons of condense milk into the bowl of fruits. Then, mix them up.
- Spread the spring roll pastry on a clean surface, and take 1 teaspoon of fruit mixture onto the sheet. Then roll it up as usual.
- Roll the fruit spring rolls over the egg and then, the bread crumbs.
- Prepare a deep frying pan and add much cooking oil. Then, turn on the stove to make it hot.
- When the oil is boiling, put the fruit spring rolls into the pan and deep fry until these spring rolls turn yellow brown.
3. Some notices when making fried fruit spring rolls:
- You can choose any kinds of fruits you like, but you should remember to buy the fresh ones.
- After rolling any spring roll, you should roll it over the egg and bread crumbs. Then, fry it immediately.
- You should not wrap all the spring rolls and then roll over eggs or bread crumbs, and fry at the same time. Because the main ingredient of these rolls is chopped fruits mixed with milk and egg sauce, the cover will get wet and town easily if you leave it for a long time. So you pay close attention to this step!
- Because the main ingredient of these spring rolls is fruits, you just fry right until the outside layer turns yellow brown.
- To make these rolls crunchier, you can squeeze a little lime into the boiling oil pan.
- After deep frying the fruit spring rolls, take them out and put on the oil absorbent paper to remove the excessive oil.
- Remember to savor this dish when it is still hot.
- While eating, you can dip the fried fruit spring rolls into a small bowl of chili sauce or mayonnaise, and fresh herbs.
- To make the dish more attractive and eye catchy, you can decorate it with some slice of strawberries and stalks of coriander.
The crispy fried fruit spring rolls with great taste are what you will get after frying. Hope that with this simple recipe, you can make it yourself to serve your family and friends to enjoy the meal.
It is also easy, isn’t it? So, give it a try with this version of spring rolls. Surely, if you change the menu of daily meal with such the new and interesting dish, people who enjoy this dish will feel surprised and excited. Enjoy with cooking!