8 am or 10 am
Hanoi cooking class
There are several cooking centers in Hanoi, but if you are looking for an authentic Hanoi cooking experience at a traditional home or a tour that is more personal, join us for a Hanoi home cooking adventure!
What to Expect
Doing Hanoi cooking class with an Hanoian, Mrs Hang, the sweet Hanoian lady and the host as well will bring you home-cooking experience. This is a great way to learn how authentic Hanoi foods are made.
Normally, the cooking class starts in the morning and it lasts 4 hours. For those who are willing to go to a local market, we start the tour at 8 am and we will guide you through the local market to buy ingredients for meal preparation.
Upon arrival in a cozy house hidden at the back of a clothing store, you will be served local tea before the cooking class in the kitchen where you will feel a true Vietnamese atmosphere. Although it is a modest space (that’s why the maximum is 4 people), it won’t stop us from making a delicious meal. Cooking local dishes yourself is a combination of watching and doing. With the instructor’s patience and skills, you’ll be able to cook Hanoian food that tourists don’t usually get to taste.
The experience will last around 4 hours. You will be able to choose what Hanoi specialties you want to learn how to cook from our standard menu or if you want you can choose specific specialties and customize your meal!
After finishing your meal, we will enjoy dessert and and get gifts from the host.
At the conclusion of the cooking class, written recipes will be available for the dishes that we made so that you’re able to cook on your own in the future. Your experience will be unforgettable.
We have many menu options that you may choose from. Participants are allowed to choose 1 menu to cook for the class:
1. Beef Pho:
- Beef pho
- Fried pho
- Pho cuon (wrap & roll)
2. Chicken Pho:
- Chicken pho
- Chicken salad
- Fried chicken (Vietnamese style)
3. Bun Cha + Nem: (Vietnamese BBQ noodle + Spring Roll)
- Grilled meat and sauce
- Spring Roll with pork
- Spring Roll with shrimp or crab
4. Rice Menu 1: (Vietnamese Home Meal)
- Spicy pork and egg
- Roasted shrimp
- Tofu with Vietnamese fish sauce & onion
- Vietnamese spinach
- Sour and sweet salad from young papaya or kolrabi & carrot
5. Rice Menu 2: (Vietnamese Home Meal)
- Sour and sweet rib
- Egg with pork
- Fish soup or crab soup
- Peanut with salt
- Salad with cucumber and tomato
- Fried fruit spring rolls with ice cream on top
- Kolrabi, carrot and banana inflorescense (seasonal) salad
- Stir-fried Water Spinach with Garlic
- Tofu with Eggplant and green bananas
- Pumpkin tempura
- For a customized menu, just let us know what you would like to learn and our host will prepare for you.
- Market shopping is only available for 8 am bookings
Hanoi cooking class at the house actually is an ideal choice for those who want to experience another side of Hanoi off the tourist map.
- Written Recipes